Tuesday 24 May 2016

The start of my Deliciously Ella adventure

I'm a big lover of cook books. I've been obsessed with Joe Wicks' Lean in 15 - The Shift Plan for months now. So obsessed that I've exhausted all the recipes. So whilst I wait for his next cook book, Lean in 15 - The Shape Plan, to be released I've been searching for alternative recipes.

One morning whilst watching ITV's This Morning, I came across Deliciously Ella. Whilst I wait for the cook book to arrive in the post I decided to download her app. I became inspired to attempt a plant-based lifestyle. As you can tell from my previous blogs my current lifestyle is far from plant-based. My partner and I decided to attempt this as we have read about the great health benefits that come from maintaining a plant-based lifestyle. These health benefits can be found on the Deliciously Ella blog and app.

Over the next week or so see how I maintain a plant-based lifestyle with my daily blogs containing the Deliciously Ella recipes, recipe reviews, shopping lists and my feelings on the health benefits.

My meal plan for the next few days is as follows:

Wednesday:
Lunch - Broccoli, Avocado and Lime Salad
Dinner - Shepherds Pie

Thursday:
Breakfast- Quinoa Cashew Porridge
Lunch - Kale, Pomegranate and Avocado Salad
Dinner - Sweet Potato and Tomato Pasta Bake

Friday:
Breakfast - Quinoa Cashew Porridge
Lunch - Simple Rainbow Salad with Hummus Dressing
Dinner - Quinoa Pizza Crust

Saturday:
Breakfast - Blueberry, Banana and Raisin Muffins
Lunch - (Lunch Out)
Dinner - Sweet Potato Cakes with Salad  

Sunday: (Flying*)
Breakfast - Blueberry, Banana and Raisin Muffins
Lunch - Sweet Potato Wedges with Avocado Cream 
Dinner - Mediterranean Vegetable Spaghetti

So come back tomorrow to see my shopping list and how Day 1 of my plant-based Deliciously Ella adventure goes.

Please comment with any recipe ideas or suggestions as I'd love to hear your opinions.




*As some of you may know I am Cabin Crew so on days I am working I try to take healthy and simple food with me

No comments:

Post a Comment