Monday 14 April 2014

Le Talbooth Restaurant

Last Thursday I was thoroughly spoilt on my last day of 9 to 5 employment to a delicious lunch at Le Talbooth in Dedham, Essex. The stunning award-winning restaurant has a beautiful riverside location and stunning grounds that are guaranteed to impress even the grumpiest restaurant goer!

Firstly, let me apologise, due to copious amounts of champagne, white wine and mojitos I failed on the delivery photographs for you lovely readers, once again please accept my sincerest apologies. However, I can tell you all about my delicious meal. 

Upon arrival at Le Talbooth we were shown to the bar where we enjoyed a round of drinks, nuts and olives whilst ordering our choice of lunch. May I add the bar staff make a mean mojito.

My choices were:
- For starter tempura soft shell crab with crab mayonnaise, confit onion, pickled ginger and sardine dressing
- For main I enjoyed a delicious lamb dish accompanied with exquisite potatoes 
- And finally for desert I divulged in a jazzed up version of the the childhood classic, jelly and ice-cream with walnut crumble, conference pear jelly, vanilla and damson Arctic roll

In my own humble opinion, my choices were far superior amongst our group. Other choose croquettes of Talbooth smoked salmon, leek and potato velouté and pressing of ham hock for starters; and all selected the cod for mains. All stated they were delicious, but as always I picked the best!

The service was second to none, with the staff being extremely attentive.

As this was a leaving treat I was extremely lucky to not spend a penny. However, as you can see on their website it is a little pricey, but in my opinion worth every single penny. However, if you head to Le Talbooth for lunch Monday to Friday they offer a reasonably priced, special luncheon where you can spend as little as £24.50 for two courses or £30.50 for three.

Hands down Le Talbooth was one of, if not the best meals I have eaten this year. I would highly recommend Le Talbooth.

Check out there website for menus, special offers and private dining information http://www.milsomhotels.com/letalbooth/restaurant/

If you head to Le Talbooth why not share your experience with my fellow readers in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment