Sunday 16 March 2014

The Godfather of Italian Restaurants.

Il Padrino is a quaint Italian Restaurant situated in Church Street, Colchester, Essex. Il Padrino is literally translated as The Godfather so you know from the word go it's going to be good.

The authentic Italian food is to die for with a with a vast menu of pastas and meat or Carne dishes. An example of the pasta dishes would be the delicious "Rissoto con asparagi", which is arborio rice cooked with fresh asparagus, shallots, white wine, cream and parmesan cheese. A meat or Carne dish that is highly recommended by my lesser half is "Petto di anitra al Grand Marnier", which is roasted breast of duck served on a sweet mashed potato topped in a Grand Marniere sauce.

The specials board is plucked out of every fish food lovers dream, over flowing with mouth watering starters and main courses. My favourite specials have to be Fausto's Seafood Special and the Spaghetti Lobster - they are both incredibly scrummy!


    The Spaghetti Lobster


My only advice when booking to request a table downstairs, it alters the atmosphere of the restaurant completely. Downstairs (or the lower floor) is an old brick wine cellar and is perfect for any occasion whether it be a family meal or a date night.

Unfortunately, on my last visit I unfortunately fainted and left the bill paying to my lesser half, he informs me he spent £30.00 per head! I would like to say a massive thank you to the staff who were brilliant and looked after me incredibly well. However, I am venturing there again on Friday 28th March so I will edit my blog and run it past my three trusty questions:
1. How much is it going to set me back?
2. Is the alcohol affordable?
3. What's on the menu?

Have a look at Il Padrino's website for menus and upcoming events: http://ilpadrinocolchester.co.uk
 
If you venture to Il Padrino why not share your thought, opinions and pictures with me! And don't forget to check back for my full review.

No comments:

Post a Comment