Monday 31 March 2014

The Artcafé

With birthday shopping to purchase and errands to run, I met my coffee loving Grandmother in the town centre. As the shopping became heavier and our stomachs began rumbling we headed to one of her favourite coffee shops, The Artcafé which is located in the heart of Colchester Town Centre (there is also a second site in Mersea Island).

With a gorgeous interior and a delightful winter menu to match, The Artcafé is a very popular choice amongst the coffee shop lovers within the town. Combining both good food and the ability to purchase art work, jewellery, teas and coffee's as well as beautiful greetings cards; The Artcafé is guaranteed not to disappoint.

I ordered a cloudy lemonade and a tuna mayonnaise sandwich on white bread which was accompanied by creamy coleslaw, salad and chilli corn crisps. Absolutely delicious. My Grandmother treated herself to a warm cheese scone and an Earl Grey tea. My Grandmother's choice has inspired me to make my own cheese scones and I shall be posting my recipe for this very soon.

The Artcafé has a beautiful selection of fresh cakes and pastries, as well as a daily interchanging specials board for main meals and soups. Today's extra was pan fried gnocchi with pesto and parmesan shavings with salad and the soups of the day was curried root vegetable or pea, potato and rocket. I snapped a few photographs of their specials, menus, cream teas and cakes for you all to admire. The price is extremely reasonable, as you can see from the photographs of the menu's below.






To keep up to date with all The Artcafé's latest news and events take a look at their website http://www.islandartcafe.co.uk/
Or if you are a fan of social media you can find them on both Twitter and Facebook.
Twitter: @artcafe1
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/artcafe.westmersea

If you've eaten at The Artcafé why not share your experiences and photographs with me in the comments section below.

2 comments:

  1. This cafe looks gorgeous, I'd love to give it a visit if I was ever in the area! :) xx

    ReplyDelete