Saturday 8 February 2014

Everyone loves a curry...

It's the weekend which means one thing, a takeaway. When buying a takeaway there is only ever one option for me, that option is an Indian.
 
Buying a curry within a group, whether it be friends or families, can cause many unforseen challenges and minor difficulties:
1. Pay for what you eat or go Dutch
2. How many rices? There is always too much or too little. What's the perfect amount?
3. Where to order from? Everyone has their favourite Indian, mines the Way To The Raj in Marks Tey, Colchester.
4. One dish each or mix and match. Which leads me beautifully on to my favourite point..
5. My favourite line whilst deciding what to order: "What are you having? Oh, sounds nice, can I try a bit of that?".

Anti-sharers would agree with Smithy's opinion from the highly entertaining BBC comedy, Gavin and Stacey. Watch that beautiful moment again here,
However, that's not my opinion. I am a curry sharer, much to the outrage and disbelief of the lesser half. I like to pick at different things and mix it all together into one big curry mound. I get jealous if I order a curry and someone else's looks or smells better. It's safe to say there is only one thing worse than curry envy and that's a dodgy curry.
 
Where I live no well known takeaway delivers and that even includes domino's if you order online. No its not the Outer Hebrides, (but if you ask my friends sometimes the lack of signal makes it feel like it is) it's just a village on the outskirts of Colchester. So when the girls came over last night we ventured on to Just Eat to review our options, as according to their advert they will even deliver into space. The list of Indian's on there I'd never heard of, that feeling of regret and risk kicked in, should I have just gone to pick one up from my favourite curry house? Due to a few of our financial situations we were swayed by one curry house, Rice 'N' Spice, offering a very tempting 25% off.
 
An hour later there is a knock at the door, our curry arrives and like a pack of ravishing wild animals we are ready to dig in and and demolish the curry. The curry itself was alright, no complaints there. The taste was pleasant, the nann cooked just right and the onion bhaji was gone in seconds so it must have been tasty. However, the condiments were lacking.  The mango chutney and mint dip left me feeling disappointed, it was extremely runny and lacking in flavour. The papadum's were a fail and didn't fulfil my hopes and expectations due to their flimsy ways, meaning I couldn't use them to spoon up my remaining curry. Although, the cucumber riaita was tasty, but that's just yoghurt and cucumber so you can't really go wrong there.
 
Overall I found my curry a pleasant experience, whether that be down to the company, or that fact that I was that hungry I could have chewed off my own arm! This The temptation of delivery and the discounted price swayed my decision this time, will it happen again? I don't think so, stick with what you know and like, collecting a takeaway isn't the end of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment