Monday 10 February 2014

Will I ever be the next star baker...

I do not claim to be he Great British Bake Off's next star baker, but I am a lover of baking anything sweet and sickly. Whether it be cakes, brownies or cookies; I adore baking anything that will give me a sugar rush. Unfortunately, minus cookies, my baking attempts usually fail! It would be safe to say I'm better at cooking than baking, but that won't stop me! A weekly bake is fun and can be a great way to relax.
I like baking different things and trying things that are new or a craze. Google and blogs are a great source for finding new recipes. However my favourite baking recipes are in "The Cookie Book" brought for me by my lesser half for Christmas. It has over 200 recipes for cookies, biscuits, bars and brownies. I think he was hinting he wanted me to bake more cookies as they are his favourite. That and the cookie cutters from my mum, I'm sensing a trend.
In my opinion cookies and brownies need to be slightly under baked, so gooey and soft in the middle and the more chocolate the better.
Unfortunately, I lack the finesse of decorating cupcakes, they always look like they've been decorated by a small child, but they always taste good! This is my downfall as its true you really do eat with your eyes. Some of my baking efforts can be seen below (excuse the cupcakes!):
Green and Lilac Cupcakes

Chocolate Cupcakes
(I know JARG isn't a word! It's the initials of my family!)
Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Cookies
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Crème Egg Brownies
(The recipe I used for this can be found in my previous blog here: http://fallingjess.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/creme-egg-brownies-do-they-live-up-to.html)
With Valentines day quickly approaching and Mother's Day just around the corner (Sunday 30th March) why not treat your loved one to a baking course. You can find many courses online, I've done a little research for you and a few companies offering courses are shown below:
I hope this little blog will make you hungry, inspire you to bake or if like me feel motivated to attend a baking course. If it has share with me your baking efforts, recipes and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment