Thursday 6 February 2014

Noodling about...

As a lover of food I find myself often facing the dilemma of where to eat on a night out, whether it be with friends, my lesser half, my family or even my boss! My decision always comes down to 3 key things:

1. How much is it going to set me back?
2. Is the alcohol affordable?
3. What's on the menu?

My mission is to answer all 3 in this enlightening blog. What about trip advisor and such likes I hear you shout? Well with my blogs there is a significant difference, I will not moan about pathetic things like the table cloth not being ironed or that the forks lacked immaculate polishing. I will share my love of food and drink and not my ability to moan (although I'm sure the odd moan or two may occur!).

When I say love I'm not joking, I literally base my day around my next meal. I wake up, day dream and go to bed thinking about food. Whether it be a rare steak to a chocolate brownie, a mojito to a glass of prosecco. It would be safe to say I'm addicted to good food and drink (FYI I'm not an alcoholic!).

I've decided firstly I should review my favourite place to eat in Colchester, The North Hill Noodle Bar. Saying I eat there regularly is an understatement. It would be safe to say I've eaten nearly everything on the menu and yet I still go back for more. Why? Because the service is second to none, the food is delicious, the atmosphere welcoming and all with extremely reasonable prices.

During lunch there is an express lunch menu for a bargain price of £6.95 with numerous high quality dishes, my favourite's being Singapore Noodles and Teriyaki Vegetables. Their full menu contains many dishes varying in flavour, spice and price. I would recommend the Char Kway Teow, a delectable prawn dish complimented beautifully by the fresh lime.

Even if you don't fancy a full meal there is a wide selection of side dishes from pork dumplings to asparagus tempura, hot wings to Vietnamese rolls (my favourite thing on the menu may I add!). Perfect to pick at alone or share with friends.

My advice is book to avoid disappointment, especially of a Wednesday and a weekend as it's very popular!

So to answer my 3 questions:
1. Extremely affordable (Cheapest dish is £8.65, Most expensive dish is £11.25)
2. Reasonably priced alcohol (I tend to stick with the beers, Tiger or Tsing Tao at £3.30 each or if you fancy hair's on your chest, go for the hot sake priced at £5.00. It's sure to get you a little inebriated!)
3. The menu? Well after getting your taste buds tingling why not take a look for yourself... www.northhillnoodlebar.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment